Sometimes it's hard when it comes to identifying yanderes. Not all of them exactly wear a sign that says, "WARNING: I'm a YANDERE. If I like you enough I might kill you." Here are some tips on how to know where you might encounter a yandere.
P.S. I totally just did this for fun ＼(^▽^＠)ノ. Hope you enjoy my craziness~
☑ Nanami's Guide to Identifying a Yandere ☑
- Genres: First of all, yanderes usually fall under certain genres. Before you read/watch something check to see what genres it falls under. There might be a yandere in there.
- Romance: Definitely this one. Chances are if there is a yandere in something, there is romance in that story. If there is no romance or love in the story, the person is probably not a yandere. Maybe a yangire.
- Drama: You know yanderes bring drama with them. You can call them drama queens when it comes to love. From overreacting to manipulation to murder. They spice things up.
- Psychological: I don't really know if I have to explain this one. Yanderes are indeed messed up in the head. But in a good way <3.
- Tragedy: This one is sometimes there when a yandere is there. Whether it's geared toward the protagonist's friends and family, or someone who tries to hurt them or flirt with them, or even the protagonist or the yandere him/herself, when a yandere is involved, it's a tragedy for someone.
- Horror: Even though they are attractive, yanderes can be scary. Actually forget the can, they ARE scary. The fact that they are capable of killing anyone who gets in your way, or even you is enough to switch it from romance to horror.
- Key Words/Tags: Okay this part usually gives it away. If you are reading a description of something or see a tag with any of these key words, there is a pretty good chance you are dealing with a yandere.
- Jealousy/Easily Jealous
- Appearance Different from Personality/False Personality
- Fear of Abandonment/Loner
- Pictures/Symbolism: Okay so sometimes you can tell if someone’s a yandere even without words. These key pictures usually indicate a story with a yandere in it.
- Chains/Barb Wire
- Cage/Bird in a Cage
- Bruised/Dark Heart
- Dark/Red eyes
- Blood; Splattered/On Face
That's it as far as my guide goes. If you see any of the things listed above, check it out, you might find a yandere. But, the opposite could also happen. Something could have almost of all the things listed above and still not have a yandere in it. I know because it's happened to me before. Male yanderes are just too hard to find ヘ(￣ー￣ヘ).